- Unspecified Dates: Warren Publishing sues the Lyons Partnership for the use of the I Love You song (WP published Piggyback Songs and in turn owned the song). Lyons is unable to use it until the lawsuit ends in December. Barney & Friends begins airing outside in the United States and Canada. Lyons sued Ted Giannnoulas (The Sketch Comedy Chicken) for alleged violations on Barney from parodies.
- January 19: Let's Pretend with Barney is released to stores.
- February 7: Bedtime with Barney airs on the radio.
- Dino-Mite Mystery is filmed.
- March 5: Barney Live! in New York City is performed at Radio Music City Hall.
- April 27: Barney's Alphabet Zoo is released to stores.